Wednesday 6 April 2011

End Of Quarter 1


The end of March sees the end of the 1st quarter of 2011 and at this point I always like to review my progress against what I achieved last year.  As some of you may recall, I took the jump into full-time sports gambling back in January so I'm pleased to report that I've been able to hold my own with my p&l improving by over 69% compared to the same period 12 months ago.

The extra time I've had to analyse and research has definitely helped whilst the Cricket World Cup provided a good vehicle for generating returns, so it's easy to start getting ahead of myself and think 'anything's possible'.  I'm fully aware however that the 2nd quarter has historically been my most critical time of the year so it was with relief that I heard the news that ITV have confirmed they'll be screening live IPL matches for the next 4 years.  I can't underestimate the importance of this as with 74 matches per season and with interest likely to be high, there'll be many opportunities to take advantage of.  The shape of the markets have changed over the last few years but for anyone new to betting on cricket it's an area you should look to explore.

Good luck if you do - just be cautious initially as the pace of the game is alot different to the 50 over equivalent we've been treated to over the last 2 months.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

are u making a good living of it?

Mark Iverson said...

Hi anonymous,

What's a good living? Everyone's needs are different.

All the best,

Mark

Anonymous said...

by good living, i didnt ask you to tell me the amount you gained.
do you earn more than on your previous work and is it your only source of income?

Mark Iverson said...

Hi anonymous,

It's still early days so I'll only really be able to tell if it's more lucrative after at least 12 months.

All the best,

Mark

Betfair Guru said...

Hi Mark,

Some very good improvement there mate.

I agree completely about the Cricket as that's a simply must-trade sport for me these days when you look at the amounts of money that get matched.

It's big bucks and nobody is reall looking at it on a wider scale as yet so I'm glad that you bought it to peoples attention.

I hope you manage to stay successful well into the future and I'm pretty sure that you'll be ok!

Mark Iverson said...

Thanks BG,

Cricket makes up about 75% of my profits so I'm glad it's becoming so popular.

All the best,

Mark

Average Guy said...

At what times of the day do the live feeds go out ? I'm a 8-5:00pm office slave so something out of hours would be welcome? Btw, if 80% of opening teams lose is it not an idea to actually lay the openers as the market will be predisposed to them getting a "good" opening, anything other than this will surely see their price rise allowing reasonable trade outs before the second team begins batting?

www.stanjames.com